Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I'm Back.....At Least For Today

I am going to try to do a quick update.  I just honestly haven't been in a blogging mood lately.  Actually, I haven't really been taking many pictures either.  Let's see, where did I leave off last time? I did go on the youth leaders' trip I mentioned in my last post.  It was great and I am so glad I was able to attend.  Aaron did pass his driving test and is now a legal Georgia driver!!  We had Randy's old truck repaired and it is in the shop right now being painted for Aaron.  He is really excited about that and is enjoying the little bit more freedom driving is giving him.  I, on the other hand, am not enjoying it as much.  I am excited for him but man oh man, why do kids insist on growing up so quickly.  Speaking of growing up, we also celebrated Ian's 5th and Kristen's 13th birthdays!  We now officially have another teenager in the house.  That's ok though, I really do love my teens and enjoy being with them.  As part of Ian's birthday, the Sunday before, we took  the kids to see the Monster Truck show in town.  That was a lot of fun and was perfect timing since we also took Aaron to see monster trucks for his 5th birthday.  We have been having some great weather and everyone is loving being outside.  Spring is here!  We are getting ready to plant the garden in the next week or so and are planning to make it bigger this year.  I can't wait!  Jacey is here almost every day during the week.  I just love having her, she is such a sweetie.  She is also getting ready for her first birthday.  Aaron has an interview for a job as a lifeguard next week and it sounds pretty promising that he will get the job.  He is looking forward to that.  Kristen took a big step in her life this week.  She went to West Virginia with our church youth group on a mission trip.  This is huge for her as she normally doesn't stay anywhere away from home alone.  So far she seems to be having a great time and I am sure she will have tons of stories to tell when she gets home.  I think this pretty much sums up the past month around here.  I am going to share a few ( or a lot) of pics from the past month. ( I will make more than one post)
Here is one of Momo and I about a month or so ago.  This was after I had gotten a much needed haircut!

Jacey loves Aaron or Bubba as she calls him.  He was playing and singing a song for her one morning.

Ian watching a 3D movie one night.
I guess Ian was too tired to go another step to the couch and he fell asleep on the coffee table!

We also celebrated Grandpa's 93rd birthday in Feb.  We had a great lunch and afternoon of playing and visiting with the extended family and Grandpa was so very happy.
Grandpa at the table with some of the grandkids and great grandkids.
Grandpa and some of his grandkids.
Grandpa with his 3 sons and almost all of the grandkids and great grandkids.  We were missing 9 people to make it complete

Of course it wouldn't be a normal family gathering without some music!
Cousins
Ian and Ryan playing basketball.
Ian and Anna....they are about 6 months apart.
Aaron chasing Gabby.
Girl cousins!  Gabby is a month older than Momo.
Stike a pose!
I am going to close this post for now but stay tuned for more pictures!

No comments: