Friday, September 25, 2009

5 years.......Always Remembering...........Never Forgetting....

Last Thursday, September 17th, was the 5 year anniversary of my mama's death. Each year on this day, we go to the cemetery and release balloons. The grand kids all did that at her funeral and we have done it every year. It is a very special time for our family. I miss my mama so much, I can't even describe it in words. She was my hero......she still is my hero. She was not only my mama but also my best friend. She was and is..."The Wind Beneath My Wings". It is so hard to believe she has been gone from this earth for 5 years....but then, it also seems like it has been forever since I have been able to talk to her, to hear her voice, to see her smile, to feel her hugs.......I miss you Mama. Thank you for all you gave to me. I can't wait to see you again one day. Until then.....I will always remember.....never forget.












Hugs and Kisses going to Grandma.....














Thank you Heather for coming with us....and taking pictures. I know Grandma would have loved you too ( and she would have pinched you with her toes!!)

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Such a beautiful bouquet. This is my third year coming to your blog and seeing you all do this for your mom. It touches me every time. ♥

Mama Teaching 3 said...

I really have to suggest this to my mother. My grandmother passed on last Jan. HUGS, friend.