Sunday, January 24, 2010

Friday Night Fun

It was just Kristen, Ian and I here for most of Friday night.  Randy was playing, Aaron was over at Heather's and Momo was spending the night with Sara.  Since I had all the ingredients to make some colored rice to use with Ian for school, we made that.  We had fun mixing it up but Ian wasn't happy that he had to wait for it to dry before he could play with it.
Here are Kristen and Ian getting ready to start.



Pouring the rice into bags.



Adding the coloring.










Time to SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE it up!!











Ready to put it into the oven to dry!


I will be sure to post pictures when we use it for some school activites.   After we finished the rice, they wanted something else to do so they made some oobleck to play with.  Oobleck is always a big hit!































We got it all cleaned up and then just hung out and watched a movie.  Aaron got home and he and Kristen thought it would be great fun to drag me out of my bed at 1AM to play Phase 10 with them!  It was fun so I wasn't too upset about it.  I think we went to bed around 2AM or so. 

6 comments:

Jolene (South Africa) said...

That Oobleck looks like fun. Do you have a recipe you could share please? Can't wait to see what activities you do with the rice.

Rhonda said...

Your title fits the blog well. Looks like lots of fun!

Unknown said...

We love OOBleck here! :) What a great mama getting out of bed so late/early to play a game. :)

Julia said...

Fun, fun, fun!! I have GOT to try that Oobleck!

~Jenn~ said...

I LOVE oobleck and so do my kids! Looks like a couple fantastic projects. I am looking forward to seeing what all you do with the colored rice. At some point, maybe you could post instructions, most of the recipes I have used calls for Vinegar.

Heather the Mama Duk said...

What a totally fun evening!