Thursday, January 21, 2010

Just Life, School and A Science Experiment.


I never know what kind of pictures I will find when I upload the pictures from my memory card onto the computer.  All of the kids like playing with my camera so it always makes for some interesting pictures!  The following pictures are just a few that I came across in this batch. 
Here is Kristen drying Maggie after giving her a bath one night.  Maggie doesn't really enjoy her bathtime.



I am guessing Ian wasn't happy about something in this picture.  Maybe he was just playing....



Ok, he is looking a little happier now!



I am guessing this was a self picture.......I had to share these gorgeous eyelashes though.



I haven't taken as many school pictures lately.  I need to get better at doing that again.  Here is Ian working on some lacing cards I made for him.  He enjoys doing these.



We just love our frogs!  They have adapted well to their new home.  I don't think I have actually posted pictures of the new tank yet.  You can see it here.  Kristen was hand feeding them.  Yes, the frogs will eat from our fingers.  Penelope will even try to swim into our hand, Kristen says she is trying to cuddle when she does this.




Luigi waving hello!


I call this Home Ec!!


We all did school in the living room in front of the fire one cold morning.





Even Maggie likes to be close to the fire!! 


Morgan worked on another science experiment.  Aaron helped her with this one.  She was learning how blubber helps keep seals, sea lions, walrusus and other sea creatures warm while swimming in arctic waters.  She place a latex glove on both hands.  Next she covered one hand with a thick layer of vaseline to act as blubber, and then placed a second glove on that hand. 





The next step was to put both hands into some ice water and see if the "blubber" helped her keep that hand in the ice water longer.

It did help and she had to pull the single glove hand out first.  She kept the blubber hand in the water almost twice as long!



Here is a picture of me that Ian took one night. 



5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the blubber idea! I think all kids would like that!

Jolene (South Africa) said...

Love the blubber experiment, what a neat idea!!!

Rhonda said...

I also like the blubber experiment. What a great idea. I wish that my fireplace was a wood burning one. Somehow the electric one just isn't the same. That last photo of you is a good one.

Mama Teaching 3 said...

I so love the froggy family members. :)

You look great!!!!

~Jenn~ said...

I too love the blubber experiment! I enjoy finding my camera after the kids have gotten a hold of it. I agree, you never know WHAT your going to find! I have enjoyed seeing "everyday" life on your blog! Thanks for sharing so much of your family with us!